Use organic ingredients whenever possible.
- ½ C Unsweetened cocoa powder or freshly ground raw cocoa nibs
- ¾ C Whole grain or white spelt flour
- 1 ¼ C Sucanat or raw sugar
- 2 Eggs
- ½ C Freshly made apple or pear sauce*
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 T Coconut oil
- ½ C Walnuts, sliced
Spread a thin layer of coconut oil over an 8 x 8 stainless steel or glass pan. In medium bowl, sift together cocoa, flour, baking powder & salt. In large bowl, mix oil & sugar. Whisk in eggs, applesauce or pear sauce, & vanilla. Combine flour mixture w/egg mixture. Gently fold in walnuts. Bake 35-40 minutes @ 350ºF. Allow to cool before serving.
* To make fruit sauce in a flash, pulse chopped fruit in a Cuisinart® or other food processor until puréed.