Quick Action Plan for CFS
- An essential first step in dealing with CFS is a healthy diet. Emphasize fresh, organic vegetables at every meal, along with organic, free-range meats, poultry, or wild caught fish and complex grains and other carbohydrates, such as legumes, red potatoes, squash or yams. Also be sure to drink plenty of pure, filtered water throughout the day, and to obtain an adequate supply of foods rich in essential fatty acids, such as sardines, raw nuts and seeds and organic flax, virgin coconut and extra virgin olive oils.
- Have yourself checked for food allergies and avoid all foods to which you are allergic or sensitive.
- Also eliminate all sugars and simple carbohydrates, as well as all commercially processed foods, and sodas, and minimize you intake of coffee and alcohol.
- Supplement with a food-based multivitamin/multimineral formula, as well as beta carotene B complex vitamins plus vitamin B12 and pantothenic acid, vitamin C, coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10), magnesium, potassium, and zinc. For additional benefit, also consider essential fatty acid supplements, such as fish oils and evening primrose oil; germanium; NADH; and adrenal, thymus, and thyroid extracts.
- Herbal remedies can also be helpful. Among the most effective herbs for CFS are aloe vera, astragalus, echinacea, garlic, goldenseal, grapefruit seed extract, larch tree extract, licorice, lomatium, maitake mushroom, myrrh, noni, nettle, oatstraw, olive leaf extract, Panax ginseng, Panax ginseng, Siberian ginseng, St. John’s wort, suma, and yarrow root.
- Hyperthermia, or artificially induced fever, can also provide significant benefits for CFS. To use hyperthermia at home, heat bath water to a high a temperature as you can tolerate, then soak in the bath for five to ten minutes while sipping warm water to which 2,000 mg of vitamin C has been added. As soon as you get out of the bath, dry yourself quickly, then get into bed and cover yourself with blankets. Women should place a hot water bottle below their breasts, while men should place it over the liver, which is located on the right side of the body, just below the rib cage. Remain under the covers for 20 to 30 minutes. Repeat this procedure three times a day. An alternative method is a far-infrared sauna. Once again, this must be in conjunction with a complete healing program, best over seen by an alternative Dr.
- Remember that CFS is not caused by a single factor, but the end result of multiple causes working in conjunction with each other to severely diminish health. In order to effectively treat and recover from CFS, a comprehensive treatment approach is necessary and should be undertaken under the guidance and supervision of a trained holistic health specialist.