Quick Action Plan for Diarrhea
- Determine the type of diarrhea you have and respond accordingly.
- Consume plenty of fluids, especially pure, filtered water, barley water, rice water, vegetable broth, and freshly made green vegetable juices.
- Essential oils of chamomile, cypress, eucalyptus, or peppermint can soothe, and if stressed, try lavender and neroli oils.
- Try a one-day liquid fast of water, freshly made green vegetable juice, and/or broths and soups. Add a pinch of sea salt to your water and juice.
- During the initial stages, abstain from eating solid foods, especially fruits.
- Supportive herbs include: triphala, Robert’s Formula, Goldenseal, cumin, ginger, nutmeg, Oregon grape, and red raspberry to soothe and resolve diarrhea. Test for infectious microorganisms, and use astragalus and oregano oil to treat.
- Homeopathic remedies such as Apis mel., Argent nit., Arsen alb., Calc carb., Chamomilla, Colchicum, Ipecacuanha, Merc sol., Natrum Sulf., Nux vomica, Sulfur, and Veratrum al. are all great options.
- Supplements for diarrhea include vitamin A, vitamin C, activated charcoal tablets, digestive enzymes, and probiotic formulas. L-glutamine, especially for chronic diarrhea.
- Emotional Stress reducers such as biofeedback and hypnosis are helpful, as are stress reduction techniques for dealing with emotions such as anger, depression, and hopelessness, which are all linked to chronic diarrhea.